Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The LAB (Learn About Boba)

I think it had been more than 10 years ago when I was in the Pantai Indah Kapuk (PIK) area. I've heard that PIK has become a popular place for old and young people who love to eat out. Many new restaurants have been opening there for the last couple of years. Still, I hadn't visit PIK until last week when Febrian and his friends brought me there to have a glass of bubble tea. 

There are so many shops selling bubble teas in PIK. Febrian chose The LAB because the uniqueness of the exterior and the interior. I couldn't disagree more when I stepped out of the car and saw this bubble tea shop.

Upon entering this bubble tea shop, it made me feel like I was in a laboratory.



Even the waiters are wearing lab coats.

The milk teas topped with different flavors of boba in tall plastic glasses.
(Note: Boba is those small chewy tapioca balls) 

Well, what can I say about the bubble milk teas? For me, they mostly tasted almost the same. It's just tea, milk plus flavors. As for the sweetness, you can choose your own level (regular, less sugar, no sugar), same thing for the ice level (regular, less ice, no ice).

Macadamia Milk Tea - Rp. 24.000
Topping: White Boba - Rp. 3.000

Not only selling bubble teas, there are also appetizer, main courses and dessert at the Lab.

Crepes Madness - Rp. 30.000
Vanilla ice cream, crepes filled with coco crunch.
All prices are inclusive Tax
Current currency: 1 USD = Rp. 9.675

Location:
The Lab - Learn about Boba
Ruko Crown Golf Block D No. 29
Pantai Indah Kapuk
North Jakarta

Disclaimer: The review and opinion expressed here are purely according to my personal taste. There's a possibility that the taste of the food might change later on, which could affect the review and opinion here. I also affirm that no monetary or non-monetary compensation has been received from this restaurant for writing this review.

4 comments:

  1. Cici... Pantai indah kapuk, bukan pondok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love boba! This restaurant looks so cute and fun. You're right though, they all kind of taste the same...milky and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mica: the best part of bubble tea is only the boba ;)

      Delete

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs